In the early 1900’s the Powder room was used by the ladies to “powder their nose” and drink tea while waiting for the coaches.
Its adjoining ensuite was originally the men’s “smoking” room. These rooms are off the main entrance foyer, so those ladies and gentlemen did not have to mix with the miners. The miners drank in the front bar of the Hotel which had its separate corner entrance to ensure they did not enter the main foyer.
Downstairs and off the main foyer, the Powder room features William Morris’s “The Brook” wallpaper. It has an antique queen bed and large ensuite with a claw foot bath and shower.